It's a sad & strange experience for me as I watch my father slip further and further into more advanced stages of dementia. Sadder without my brother here on this earth to shoulder this with me.
I'm so sad for him as he is there in Detroit *(currently at The Bay at Woodward) and I'm saddled down by the worries of my world of bills and working, and can't get to him.
But I will not be easily defeated. I will be making a series of calls and emails to see if I can gain guardianship... many small tasks to complete before I can even embark upon that.
First, I'll need to email the Detroit Probate court to pose the question of him coming here with me for a while. His current guardian says I have to become his guardian, that she can't be his guardian if he's out of state, but says she is not an authority on the subject, advising me to ask the court.
Well I can guess, but I'll have alot of emails & calls to make Monday February 3rd.
This evening he said that I needed to get home because there are gangsters outside.
🎼Love's Secret, by Michael Whalen
🎼Love's Secret, by Michael Whalen

No comments:
Post a Comment